Possible Rochester offers you a new way to get involved in your community
We’re currently in the midst of the most profound global transformation since the development of agriculture, and subsequently of cities, nearly 12,000 years ago. The intersecting crises of climate change and biodiversity loss are effectively driving this change. Unless we transition to a new model of economy, society, and culture these crises will likely result in the collapse of our civilization, as they have with many others.
Every city and every community have a role to play, both in reducing the harm that we’re doing to the biosphere, and in building a future that humans are worthy of.
We need to reduce our collective carbon emissions by greening our cities, restoring our aquifers, and strengthening our resilience in the face of disasters, pandemics, and persistent inequality and societal conflict.
Our goal is to help finance this “Regennaissance,” providing the capital needed to build “the more beautiful world that our hearts know is possible.” (Charles Eisenstein)
Our current challenges also represent the greatest economic opportunity in history, creating a world that meets the needs of all in harmony with nature.
This isn't just about financial capital.... and we have some of that also.
In the regenerative economy we recognize multiple forms of capital, including (to use Joe Brewer’s term) Inspirational Capital. This site aims to contribute to the creation of such capital in the many communities that make up the city and the greater Rochester region.
In particular we are focused on the use of Commercial PACE as a new kind of financial capital available to property owners to make their buildings run on cleaner energy, be significantly more efficient, and reduce the community’s carbon footprint. Using C-PACE, building owners can save money and provide a healthier environment for all.
Ways to Use C-PACE in Your Community
Take Advantage of the Opportunity of C-PACE to
- Upgrade your commercial property to be more energy efficient
- Get renewable energy with no upfront cost, paid for from the savings over dirty energy
- Improve your farm’s or industrial plant’s or private school’s — etc., etc. — energy use, water conservation, building air circulation, etc.
- Install a green or white roof
- Becoming a project developer or originator in your community
- Join the movement to restore and enhance our community
Get Your Property Upgraded
If you’re a commercial property owner, manager, or developer of:
- A commercial office or retail building
- An industrial facility
- A multifamily building (5+ units)
- A farm
- A private or nonprofit institutional building, such as a church or private school
- Finance deep retrofits to existing buildings, reducing energy waste, costs, and carbon emissions while improving the indoor environment
- Provide up to 20% of the capital stack for eligible items for new development, replacing costly equity and/or mezzanine debt
- Refinance eligible improvements made in the last three years
- Provide off-balance-sheet, non-recourse, fixed-interest, and long-term financing of 100% of the hard and soft costs of your project so you have $0 upfront cost
- Resolve the “split incentive” in triple net lease situations
Sound too good to be true?
Believe us, we thought so too. But through the collaboration of governments, nonprofits, and the private sector, PACE creates security for investors, cost savings for tenants and property owners, and benefits for the community by reducing carbon and improving the quality of the building stock. It’s a triple-win, a slam-dunk, or as some of us like to say, a no-brainer. Let us show you how you can benefit today: Take Action Now.
Help Others Succeed
Become an Originator or Project Developer
If you’re interested in becoming involved as a professional or as a volunteer, please contact us. In certain cases, we will compensate you or your organization for successful referrals to one of our programs.
We work with nonprofits, business and trade associations, and private enterprises to identify and train associates to become business developers, owners’ reps, and community activists.
Sponsor Us and Let Us Support You
Become a Member, Sponsor, or Partner
We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Individual memberships are free, though we welcome donations (and provide tax receipts). Business and corporate memberships are offered on a sliding scale, and sponsors can gain valuable recognition. We also work with a range of strategic partners in finance, energy efficiency, renewables, and conservation. Contact us today.